Thursday, June 22, 2017

Solstice with the mostess

Yes I didn't forget yesterday was Summer Solstice. Its been 1 year and a half since this construction began! In some ways I feel we're farther along and in other ways wow, its been forever and nothing is really DONE.


This is wedged between the rows and screwed into the door frame.
Nice! 
This poor spider was in the bag of cement trying to keep cool when I came with my bucket. He got totally covered in cement dust! I stopped what I was doing and figured to bury him in sand first and let him dig out a few times to get most of it off before I misted him clean with the hose. I didn't want to turn him into stone!!
You can se the ground level is where the pond liner pokes through.
Today was a trip. The dome was getting narrower than the entrance and I was having trouble visualizing how I was going to build. 
I'll need to keep the entrance and the front half of the dome as wide as the doorway. 
The back of the dome will taper in like normal.
A great work site.
Low profile, insulated, sexy. Baño Dome 
Its going to be badass!
Window 01 set