Friday, June 23, 2017

Heat Wave Friday

Another scorcher today in the desert. My car said 114 f. I couldn't get to sleep early enough last night and I paid for it today. Even just 3 hours outside is very taxing when you are working in this heat. I need my arms covered completely and I slather on the sunscreen. The sweat makes it run and it stings, it stings! The sand and cement make wiping the sweat off your brow exfoliating and I need to mist the worksite and me, every 15 minutes. 


A new present from an old friend.
Horseshoes point up to catch all the luck!
Soft serve ice cream anyone?
Okay, yeah, from this angle it does look like the dome is in the middle of nowhere. Oh no, wait, is that a barn?
This may be the first time I've noticed the walking path in the photos. This is the path that goes from the car to the dome, about 200 feet.
Damn near 2/3s of the way to the to of the door.
What will be taller, door or dome? Wait and see.
She's lookin' purdy darn level.
Extra mix affords more pond liner sealing. Eventually the cement floor will be flush with the top of row 01. (not counting foundation rows)
A different view.
No danger today, just a casual observer.
I am not a shrimp, I am a Mojave King Prawn!