Thursday, February 18, 2016

Lotsa work = Lotsa photos!

Seems like closer to the top we get, the more crazy, fun, difficult things there are to do!



Jon says he's not a pictures kind of guy. Oops
When I was mixing my first batch of stabilized Earth, I saw this guy covered in cement dust. He was completely enveloped in a fine powder. I took him to the hose and to my surprise with a few short misty bursts he became completely clean and shiny black. Rock on little dude!

In a few rows it will be a "perfect" circle. The top is a secret, how were gonna close/ finish it. Stay Tuned. Check out Cal-Earth.org and Innerspacestation.org in the meantime!

Yes, I have some more chiseling to do in my future. Next time I will use another piece of wood to create a clean bag edge to compensate for the curve of the wall.

Features (holes) like windows and doors tend to interrupt the curve of the bag, but the curves recover in another row or two. 
Domes are natures oldest beauty enhancer. Again, because: Geometry 
Sorry, Folks! My excitement about being able to plank across the small dome opening is no excuse for CRACK! This one is too close to call.


Ninja School

I'm the cherry!
After 2 days and new rows. Pre Pull.

Trusting in Geometry isn't always easy when you decide to make modifications. But further inspection proves that this thing is insanely strong.

Solstice window.

The dome comes with a big hole, Negadome!

(Do it)   Just DO IT!!! Some people dream of success but you are going to wake up and work HARD AT IT!!!! MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE! Just DO IT!!!