Thursday, July 27, 2017

Smooth and Bumpy

    Smooth but bumpy, clumpy, natural. That sums up my plaster skills. Raquel is better at this than me. But I am going to do as much as I can this week before she joins me again. This only represents one wheelbarrows full, but that is 2 double batches. It's time consuming because you need to lob it on, and then come back and work it before it dries too much, but if you do it too soon it slumps off and too late it cracks and peels off.

The main dome looks cool from this angle. Like I know what I'm doing. 
In a Smurf village, this is the most common type of house after a mushroom.
The view when I walked up. All the cement plaster dried and blends together.
X-Ray bunny cloud?  3 carrots in her belly?
Pretty colors 
Before smoothing 
After smoothing.
Earth Architecture
Goat Mountain Eco-Village 
Still many things to do before the door can go on. 
Complete exterior plaster,  prelim floor slab, interior stucco, sink install, final floor, then door.
By next week if all is well, this should be covered and dry and looking uniform.
Tomorrow this side, and the back middle.
After the domes are complete, there will be a patio slab poured in between the two domes, maybe some seating and eventually a walkway going to where the cars park. It will be exciting to also think about some solar panels for small device charging and setting up the outdoor shower. But I am glad I decided to make the shower a separate project. One thing I have learned in SuperAdobe building is: "smaller is better" and the K.I.S.S. rule is always true. K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple, Stupid!