Monday, July 17, 2017

Nice Arch!

     The leaning arch in theory should be at a 45 degree angle. Getting to that angle in preparation for the arch has been tricky, and maintaining it has proven difficult. My only consolation is that I've heard the smaller the dome, the intrinsically stronger it is. so if my angle is too steep it's not for very long and not supporting that much weight.



This barbed wire has red points! 12.5 gauge 4 point barbed wire. New Roll Smell!
W.I.P.
I set each side of the arch with 1.5 buckets of sorta wet mix.
I did 2 more buckets then did the opposite side.
2 more buckets each side alternating until I got to the top.
I am proud of this one, It's thick at the bottom and tapers at the top going close to 45 degrees and looking very even.
Man or Machine made? HAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Best arch row yet!
Another close up of greatness.
Symmetry flimmitry
The bag at the top doesn't get tucked on the arches, I found that effects my ability to make them strong and compact. I cinch the bags and tamp with a brick. Soon I'll cut the excess and plaster over it.
It almost looks like a Conch Shell.
I think I have only 2 more leaning arch rows. There isn't room for more than that.
The ideal type of home for Mojave.
In the context of the landscape.


This is why I haven't posted videos!