Sunday, August 14, 2016

Plaster some more

We've moved from the big dome to the little dome, and we're plastering it up! After this, we will stucco the ceiling bags and the walls to make a nice white final coat. Did I mention I have no  idea what I'm doing. But with advice from www.calearth,org Alumni group, I am making all the best mistakes. I want to keep it simple and cheap and find out what works. I am not sacrificing strength or quality, EVER. Safety first, function second, form follows. When you do it like that, form is still AWESOME. Those who obsess over style, have none. Style is the outward appearance of truth. The evidence of living from the center. Superadobe looks so cool because it IS cool. It IS the angle of repose, sacred geometry, Earth under our feet. Lets go!

The entrance to the little dome dried nicely.
Get dirty!
But, sill.
A wall is born. 
I make it ugly, Raquel makes it pretty.

It is fun to see the plaster turn the bag rows into a real wall.

Mehico futbol

Who wants to buy a Dairy Queen franchise? 
107 degrees F. outside, 80's inside with a nice breeze blowing through, no A/C!

Welcome 
Cowgirl up

Is Pappa Smurf at home?

The Ancient Ones

Me: I own you, trees. Trees: Ha ha.

Pioneer Town