Monday, December 18, 2017

Entrance plaster perfection, Door not so much

Where was our spirit animal today? Coyote ran across the street as we were leaving. Or was it rabbit? Or was it Roadrunner? Meep Meep! He he he. It was a 2 bag plaster day. I was readying the drill to install the door while Raquel pondered (pontificated) the increased difficulty pouring the final layer of the cement floor if the door was installed. As I was fumbling with the extension cord, Raquel suggested we hold off installing the door until the slab was poured, and without any good reason to the contrary, I just said, "Well I guess we're just going home then!" I had forgotten to buy or bring shims to set the door properly, so in a way I would be avoiding doing a bad job by waiting till the floor is done. Raquel pointed out that we had 3 leftover bags of La Habra 100 from last week and a couple of hours of daylight. I found it tough to switch gears, but after wheelbarrowing through the evermore softening sand path to the car and back with the 90 pound bag of stucco, I was back into the plaster groove. We covered quite a bit of bag today and are on track to complete the La Habra Stucco phase of the Baño Dome on the next build day!


Its getting cold in the Mojave in December.