Sunday, January 8, 2017

2017 - back to work!

After a nice break from building, 2 colds and several rain storms, it was time to get back to work. After a busy Saturday, this morning came with excuses and bargaining about not going and building but in the end, stubborn gumption and the spirit of the desert carried me to the dome to pour the floor once more. After a difficult time trying to trowel the entire floor balancing on a small circular brick I decided to only pour half at a time. Even that was hard! I guess I am going to have to give up.

The center line is the solstice line where the sun appears at noon on winter solstice. Levels are for nyerds. We pour first, ask questions later. 
Raquel touched up some of the rougher spots of the big dome while I mixed endless batches of cement outside in the dark. 
The top of the main dome looking sweet, but I still have to scrub off the stucco from the jars.
The moon had a huge corona, I think it was a 32 oz!
Raquel @ work... 55° F, snow hat, metallic lined thermal long johns! 
Do you see the orb, dude?
Leftover concrete mix became sidewalk/slab test block. It will be a nice flat place to put drinks and stuff.