Monday, October 24, 2016

Stucco Gangstas

Well the 8 ft dome apse is too small for both Raquel and I to stucco the upper rows, so I was relegated to the small dome while Raquel spread her wings back in the 10 foot main dome. Stucco is a strange animal that frustrates you one second and makes you feel like a true artist the next. Stickier and drier is better for upside down stuccoing. Then it is key to make sure you come back to it before it gets too firm and shape it. You can sponge it to conform to the bag rows. It seems like it looks crappy, but then I look at the pictures and it looks okay. Oh, it rained today, sort-of. There were rainstorms all around Landers. Pioneer Town, Yucca, JT and 29 palms all had dark clouds, and a few drops hit my face. I still had stucco all over it and may look like Freddy Kruger tomorrow if I don't wash it off.

Not a super-predator

Organic insanity

Wide angle make it look crazy

I like that window.

Who wouldn't want to sleep in a coon dome like this?

My neighbors are so jelly!

Taking pictures is not the same as mixing.....

Stormy Goat

Stormy Weathers
Just starting to get stucco around the porthole. The latch is gonna be tricky but I gots a plan.