Sunday, May 1, 2016

Reptiles, repetition

We went balls to the wall today, literally. I hear all sorts of methods for prepping the bags for plaster, with waterproofing and elaborate drain systems, but I got to know my land pretty well and the weather in my area over a year, and I want to do less on this build, to see how it holds up against the future double-eco dome and other structures with more robust water proofing and drainage systems. If I do everything overkill, how will I know what I can get away with? This is the 'oopsie dome'.

So yeah, today was just all reptiling, until my car battery died. I was blast- er sharing Iron Maiden's Powerslave with Landers. I might NOT have been in auxiliary mode. So after a jump, I was able to return to the sh- city.
The sun shines through the door's arched window onto Dora's wind chime. <3
By the end of the day more than half the small dome has been preliminarily reptiled at least half way up. We'll only go up a foot or 3 more and most likely in a wave pattern of sorts. ~~~~~~~
You can see my "style guide" Goat Mountain in the back. 
If you get too "in the zone" you make the reptiles perfect. We seem to like more organic, and one ball out of place here and there makes it look cool.
You're a Reptile! Sticking these on vertical or even steeper walls is an art unto itself. 
Not unhappy with how it is turning out.
These balls are still wet. Let them dry before you judge them! There will be more in the bare spots and hopefully more varied sizes. 
Once the base reptiles dry, it's much easier to place better shaped balls in strategic locations. 
Don't go in there, a crazy man lives there! 
Around sunset in Landers it starts to get insane pretty. What is that cloud doing? 
The little village where it all happens.
The Fit and the Bug getting to know each other more intimately.