Tuesday, July 18, 2017

wrap it up B

    Wow, this is the second to last row! The archway cannot be any longer than it is. I have room for one more course. After that, I guess its time to plaster the exterior. We'll use Earth Cement mix first, then possibly some lime stucco on top, but I like the look of the reptiles and they are multifunctional. They prevent cracking, they are easy to apply, they create shade and reduce heat by up to 30%. They also allow water to disperse instead of running straight down the wall to the ground. I will most likely plaster the exterior before the interior, and I don't want to put the door on until the inner stucco is done because the door will be in the way unless its closed and then it will get too hot and humid to work in there. Of course there is some stucco I must do around the door once it is installed. That's a given. 

Rain dump on Joshua Tree
The Goat
An overcast day in the desert
Turned into an epic sunset
Oh yeah, the dome... One more arch row down, one to go.
My goal with each arch is to have the right 45 degree angle under my row, and to trace the previous row until i'm almost at the top. At the top, the weight of each side pushes against the other and both are supported by the previous row. 
 I tested the door, it fits and swings open nicely! But let's wait.
It's too bad that by the time my arches reach perfection, the job is over.
It is what a crazy person would build, if they had unlimited sand.
Then a critical mass occurs and voila, you have an eco-villiage. 
Yes, it's ok to be turned on by these sexy rows.
Old blue came to the rescue.
Let freedom RING!!!
The JT
Its naked
Not too long of a walk to the loo. It will be all concrete pathway.
Perfect reference for my next oil painting.