Friday, July 14, 2017

Lancet Friday

      Trying to get the leaning arch going. The last course was a bit romanesque, and I needed to make this one more triangular, supporting itself more vertically. I ran out of barbed wire, my second roll from way back in December 2015! I was hoping to maybe do 2 rows of leaning arch but I'd rather have it dry and being all alone, building one row with the mixing, bucket lifting, climbing and bagging, I'm beat!

Looks like 4 or 5 arch rows and we are DONE! (with bagging) 
I am still deciding how to plaster this bell.
Smooth on top and then some reptile balls is my inclination.
 
We are over the door frame.
The negative space will be filled with art glass and plaster,
Look at the arch angle... SEXY!
I see a fish half in the water.
Perfect focus. 
Practically a village.
Another good focus. 
BAM!
Other than missing the barbed wire the last few feet, its a beautiful row.
 
From this angle you can see this is much more vertical than the last row at the top.
Baaarf!