Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Inventing new swears Wednesday

     $#!!* @$$ #(%^^#*^*#**@!!!!!!!! The wind was blowing and the bag was flopping and I was spilling precious earth mix. I was climbing up to the top for every bucket and staging 2 before I put them in the bag. My back was getting hit hard, and every time I spilled, the tiny foot holds I needed to stand on became slick and sandy. But it cooled down, and as my water was running low, I almost made a crucial error. I guess the worst thing that could happen would be that I have to tear out a row and start over. I wanted to do 3 rows today, but as I began my third row, I almost pulled todays second row and the new row into the hole in the dome! The row underneath was two wet to build on, and as the dome closes in, each row is much more out into the center, with less previous row to support it. I had a huge double mix in the wheelbarrow and had already filled 4-6 buckets that I wanted to use. I was so worried about collapse, I moved my new row down to the leaning arch. and then used that weight to secure the previous row. Now I am not worried at all, I got the barbed wire in between, and it is very strong and symmetrical. Also I inserted 4 pasta jar windows but smashed one tamping the row above it! I will figure out what to put in there before plastering. I didn't get a close up, so see if you can spot em!

I didn't build yesterday, because I went rockhounding and then to the Twentynine Palms firework show. It was great to see the whole town coming together, it's not a ghost town after all.

Wonderful display!
Potential green jasper!
This is 2 super batches of 10% cement 90% Earth.
From some angles you see the curve of the dome, but other angles you see just wall. The strange shape is to leave room for the door's 36" inswing.
Somehow we're closing this dome!
From this angle you can see how we needed to make room for the door!
Maybe the next door will swing out! Its not permitted anyway!
Starting to look like an Egyptian tomb!
Its kind of random, but this is the best type of structure for the desert!
From this angle, I feel like a proud pappa!
Beast!
From a distance it looks so clean.
Its just an outhouse.
Every row was a days work. Except toay, I did 3 rows like a boss.
But the rows are so small I have no excuse, not even the wind.
This lil guy was all over the work site today, even running towards the open bag of cement! I scared him away, and kept an eye on him.
He kept an eye on me too!
Lizardo on the dome.