Friday, June 30, 2017

Foneless Friday (Updated)

       Yup, I left my phone at home. I was half way to the dome when I realized I had no phone. And today was supposed to be awesome because I was gonna do two rows of dome, with a short entrance, setting up for the leaning arch. But literally as I completed my first row, my tamper snapped in twine! The place where the tamper meets the post snapped off. I guess all the build days throwing it down to the ground took its toll. But I wish I had my camera because it was nuts to see a bit of rust and the tamper sheared off as if the metal was ripped. 
      I had some left over mix, so I covered part of the exposed pond liner around the dome. I have been exposing about half of the pond liner row edge so I can seal cement around it, then put the sand back to the correct level. I feel this protects the liner a bit because who knows what might happen in the future.

     *** See bottom for actual pics taken before work the following workday.

This drawing represents what I did today. Actually I think the row I did was closer to the top of the door. ;)
I think it's gonna go down something like this.
This is not a photo, just a drawing of what happened to the tamper.

I know this was the best blog entry ever! 
Next week is wonky because of the holiday. I hope to at least build 3 days. 

   *** UPDATE Pics here:


How far I got on Friday. 
The spirit was willing but the tamper had already gone.
                                       Yup looks JUST LIKE THE DRAWINGS!