Sunday, October 29, 2017

Interior Stucco after all this time I still love you.

Greeted at the dome this morning by a HUGE Desert Hare. He was braver than most, checking me out, waiting to see what I was gonna do before he darted off into the brush. I found a lizard in the water meter box. It used to be an old cement one, but after the water pipe broke, it was replaced with a plastic one, and I was afraid she crawled through the hole and was stuck. Last year there was a gecko who did pretty well in the water meter box, but as I mentioned it wasn't secure, cracked and tunneled so I knew he wasn't stuck. I thought to let this guy out under a creosote
 (Larrea tridentata is known as creosote bush and greasewood[2] as a plant, chaparral as a medicinal herb,[3] and as gobernadora in Mexico, Spanish for "governess", due to its ability to secure more water by inhibiting the growth of nearby plants. In Sonora, it is more commonly called hediondilla.)

After almost 3 months of other aspects of life taking over, I was finally able to put some time to interior stucco aka lime plaster. This work represents 4 bags of La Habra 100.


Ready, Set, GO!
If you are clean on stucco day, you haven't worked yet.
The Tree, and his little friend. All trees gotta have a friend.
Water meter box lizard.



She walked with me like this all the way back from the meter.

My canvas.

I'm still impressed with the sink!
It ain't gonna stucco itself.



White gold!

Orange workhorse!

Clumpy

The first batch was actually a bit wet. Doughy is better than pastey.

Initial set up, still too wet

All the way around!
Splash back is real!



End of day progress.

Basically up to the sink

Merging the wood frame and the bags.
I think a bit of texture looks more interesting, perfection is too time consuming.

Weird little eco-village starting to grow.