Sunday, August 7, 2016

Plastic Cement

We continue to plaster the interior walls up to a very specific row with plastic cement/ Earth mix and above that we will be trying LaHabra stucco with cement and lime mixed together. Progress is evident and decisions are being made. It is still hard work, but I am so happy to say that even in 100 degree and above temperatures in the Mojave Desert, the dome is in the 80's! It's amazing to think that we have created a structure in the desert that you can literally survive in year round without power! We have water on site, without that we couldn't stay very long. Water is truly California's Gold.

Apse entranceway plaster starting 
Apse plaster
2nd coat 
Making a statement with the entrance: Possible mummies reside here. 
Tell me why I had to be a Powerslave.
I don't want to die, I'm a god, why can't I live on?
 

Baller

Bee hive with side volcano.
The Dome is composed of 90% Quartz. 
Facing 29 Palms Marine Corps Base. KABOOM! 
The Mojave sunset is awesome. 
The cholla isn't even spoiling the sunset for me. Stay AWAY! 
At the base of Goat Mountain. 
Totally!!!!!!