Sunday, March 4, 2018

Doorway magic.

After a few consecutive overtime weekends and various other commitments that prevented us from building, Raquel and I finally made it back to the dome. Even just the little task we did was enough to get us back into the building groove.

Mesh is the support for the jar windows.

The mesh was screwed into the door frame. This will not be "load bearing"
The jars were duct taped together.

After the jars were taped together, they were then secure to another wire mesh.

The row of jars was taped to the mesh support.

Another angle. The center jar is purple and will not stick out as far.

Once it is all secured, it will be foamed together

A cold and windy day requires a snowy day hat and braids.

I have used this foam stuff before and I usually get covered in it.

Instruct- what?

The first can of foam was not a disaster.

I am an expert at making it up as I go along.

First can results

A closer look.

After the second can.

Oh nice! Remember how funky the sink looked before plaster.
This blog is just something I have been keeping up with to record my progress and share SuperAdobe with the world. I hope that someone out there gets enjoyment or education out of this blog. I appreciate any and all interest in my blog. Please share CalEarth.org 's work, mission and spirit with those you love. Thanks! -Scott