Monday, May 23, 2016

Turtle style reptile

Hey, easy does it, slow and steady. After a week not building, it was good to get back out in the desert. Reptiling vertical walls ain't easy, but it goes pretty fast anyway. My goal is to finish exterior plaster by Summer Solstice. Seems fitting, and then I can spend the summer season indoors, plastering the interior, and creating the floor. I can't wait to test the cooling ability of the dome in 100 degree plus heat! In high 80's it has been cool and wonderful inside.

It may seem like a lot of work but I think it is easier than having to get a smooth professional surface. It won't crack and it is self shading!
This was early in the day, but you can see how the dried reptiles look. I am thinking about final colors and I want to get back closer to the sand color.
The seat finally got it's first coat of plaster.
We got balls all the way around!
Both sides!
Dream Actualization 
Beehive? Hobbit house? Doomsday bunker? Hippy Den?
The reptile probide shade and shelter from the elements for many desert creatures. 
The neighbors are listening in.
Piper the half-Coyote was riling up the neighbor's dogs, and chasing my car! I am pretty sure that's how she got hit before. Well she is showing no sighs of injury!